Monday, August 8, 2011

Maine and Surprises!


Hmmm..... What's new in the Sanchez household? Let's see....
Last week I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Old Orchard Beach, Maine to see my family. My family has always vacationed in Maine every Summer, so it was such a joy to be able to go. Although I was excited to go to Maine, I was sad to leave my husband behind in HOT Texas. Silverio had been able to go last year, but this year some logistics couldn't work out. I felt bad for not being able to enjoy delicious lobster and blueberry pie with him, but I was determined to have a great time with my family. Now that I live thousands of miles from them, I wanted to soak in as much family time as possible. It was great to go to the beach, the pier, church etc with my family and friends. My niece, Madison, is one of my biggest joys in life and it was so wonderful to spend time with her and laugh with her. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was seven years old!
While I was on vacation, my hunk of a husband was busy working on house related things. I arrived home to some great surprises! We had been using our guest room as our "box/storage room". When I got home, he had cleared the boxes, and set up the bed and desk/study area. My husband, mother-in-law, and father-in-law worked on some landscaping on our front lawn which looks wonderful! Silverio rearranged some things in our living room. And...... I arrived home to my favorite flowers (Gerber Daisies) standing in a beautiful Lenox vase we had received as a wedding gift. Yup - my husband is the greatest! I absolutely love getting flowers and I bug him about it every once in awhile. He gets me flowers when I least expect it, and I love that : )
It's Monday, the beginning of a new week. This week will include a few shifts at Starbucks, Zumba, hopefully setting up our guest bathroom, and celebrating my beautiful sister-in-law's birthday on Friday! Here's to hoping this is a great week full of love, laughter, and learning!

- LS

No comments:

Post a Comment